Ray J is a widely known American singer, television and film actor, and television personality. He is famously known for his achievements in the American entertainment industry. J is also popularly known for being the first cousin of popular American rapper, Snoop Dogg, and the younger brother of the popular American film actress and multi-platinum recording artist, Brandy Norwood.
J is also famous for his appearance on season nineteenth of the UK reality TV show, Celebrity Big Brother, in January 2017. In this piece, I will share details about Ray J’s net worth, biography, career, siblings, parents, wife, girlfriend, kids, height, trivia, ethnicity, and a handful of other trivia things you may not have known about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Ray J Biography, Age, Career
Ray J was born William Ray Norwood Jr. on January 17th, 1981, in McComb, Mississippi, in the United States of America. Norwood is currently 41 years old and was raised in Carson, California, in the United States of America, by his parents, Sonja Norwood (née Bates), and Willie Norwood.
Ray grew up with his only oldest sister and sibling, Brandy Norwood. After Ray J’s family relocated from McComb, Mississippi, to Los Angeles, California, he started making appearances in television commercials for different media companies in 1989 at the young age of eight. Because his career, more or less, started as soon as he made his first TV appearance in 1989, Ray started auditioning for more TV gigs.
Between 1993 and 1994, William Ray Norwood Jr. made appearances on The Sinbad Show, where played the role of the foster son. More so, he made an appearance in the TV series, “The Enemy Within.” And dear, he became one of the cast members of the widely watched television series, Wild N Out, and Black Sash. Aside from Black Sash, and Wild N Out, Ray Jay made appearances in blockbuster television shows: One on One, For the Love of Ray J, Shark, Moesha, and several others.
As a reality TV personality, Ray J made an appearance on the 2017 nineteenth season of the widely regarded UK reality TV show, Celebrity Big Brother. As a TV show host, he hosted ‘Bad Girls All-Star Battle,’ and has also appeared in a handful of shows, including:
- Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood
- Leave It To Stevie
- Brandy and Ray J: A Family Business and many others.
As a singer and rapper, Ray released his debut and first album in 1997, which he tagged “Everything You Want.” He was signed to Elektra Records in 1995, and released his second studio album under the record titled “This Ain’t A Game.” In September 2005, Ray J released his third studio album, “Relation,” and well, he released his fourth studio album, “All I Feel” in 2008, which later became his first No. 1 album.
Aside from these masterpieces, William Ray Norwood Jr. is the rapper behind several other studio albums. He released the “Redemption” studio album in January 2018. As a singer who is committed to putting his craft and skills to the test, Ray would later release one mixtape and two soundtrack albums.
Side by side, “I Hit It First,” “Another Day In Paradise,” “Let It Go,” “One Wish,” “Sexy Can I,” “Famous,” and “Wait a Minute” are some of his widely known singles.
Ray J Movies, Filmography
Since he made his debut TV show and film appearances, Ray J has featured in over a handful of movies and TV shows. But not limited to these, these are his selected filmography and TV shows:
- Once upon a Time…When We Were Colored
- Notorious, 2016
- Dear Santa, I Need a Date
- Aftershock: Earthquake in New York
- The Rickey Smiley Show, 2014
- Mars Attacks!
- Black Sash, 2003
- Christmas at Water’s Edge
- Save the Last Dance 2: Stepping Up
- One on One, 2021
- Nite Tales
- Shark, 2006
- Love & Listing, 2020
- Moesha, 2019
- The Enemy Within
- For the Love of Ray J, 2010
- VH1 Family Reunion: Love & Hip Hop Edition, 2022
- Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business, 2011
- Love & Hip Hop Hollywood, 2019
- My Kitchen Rules, 2017
- Switchin’ the Script
- College Hill: Celebrity Edition, 2022
Ray J Wife, Son, Kids
William Ray Norwood Jr. is married to Princess Love, with whom he exchanged wedding vows in a wedding that was held at Los Angeles’ Cathedral of Saint Vibiana in August 2016. On May 22nd, 2018, the lovers, who were co-cast members on VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood, had their first child (daughter) whom they named Epik Ray Norwood.
On January 7th, 2020, they had their second child (son) whom they named Melody Love Norwood. On a sad note, however, Princess filed for a divorce in May 2020, barely less than five months after giving birth to their only son, Melody Love.
Aside from being romantically involved with Princess Love, reports on the internet purport that Ray J was previously in romantic relationships with Lil’ Kim, Ann Hill, Kim Kardashian, Olivia Alvarez, Monica Leon, Mia Milano, Whitney Houston, Karrine Steffans, and Joanna Hernandez.
Ray J Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
William Ray Norwood Jr. is 1.7 meters, 1700 millimeters, or 170 centimeters tall. Similarly, he weighs 74 kilograms.
Ray J Net Worth
Altogether, Ray J has an accumulated net worth of about $8,000,000 (eight million dollars).
Ray J Songs, Discography
Since the release of his debut studio album, “Everything You Want” in 1997, Ray has released a handful of others. These are some of his albums arranged in no other of release, including:
- This Ain’t a Game (2001)
- All I Feel (2008)
- Everything You Want (1997)
- Raydiation (2005)
Fun Facts, Trivia
- J has black skin color and belongs to the Black community, otherwise classified under Afro-American.
- Ray’s ethnicity is African-American.
- William Ray Norwood Jr. was, in 2011, alleged to have been involved in a feud with Fabolous.
- Ray J was arrested for vandalism in May 2014.
- In 2014, he was arrested for vandalizing police cars, resisting arrest, and having a sexual battery.
- J’s sexual orientation is straight.
- He is the first cousin of rapper and songwriter Snoop Dogg.
- He is the younger brother of recording artist and film actress Brandy Norwood.
- Ray started his career in the American entertainment industry in 1995 when Elektra Records signed him at the age of fourteen.
- J released his first and debut studio album in 1997 at the age of sixteen.
- Raymond’s musical instrument is vocals.
- As a book author, Ray J authored the best-selling book, Death of the Cheating Man: What Every Woman Must Know About Men Who Stray.
- Ray J’s real name is William Ray Norwood Jr.
Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading!