Jerry Seinfeld Net Worth: Jerry Seinfeld is a widely known American television and film actor, stand-up comedian, film producer, book author, and writer. He is famously known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the sitcom, “Seinfeld.” This sitcom show which aired on NBC between 1989 and 1998, was created and written by Jerry Seinfeld along with actor Larry David. Notably, “Seinfeld” was formally tagged “The Seinfeld Chronicles.”
As a stand-up comedian, Jerry’s comics center around observational comedy. And well, Jerry was, in 2004, named the 12th-greatest stand-up comedian of all time by Comedy Central. In this piece, however, I will share details about his biography, parents, wife, height, house, age, net worth, fun facts, trivia, and a handful of other trivia things you may not have known about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Jerry Seinfeld Biography, Parents, Career
Jerry Seinfeld was born Jerome Allen Seinfeld on April 29th, 1954, in Brooklyn, New York, New York City, in the United States of America. Jerome is 68 years old and was raised by his parents, Kálmán Seinfeld, and Betty Seinfeld. His father Kálmán Seinfeld worked as a sign painter, and because he served his country during the Second World, information on the internet says he collected and would tell jokes he heard while serving.
On the other hand, Jerry’s mother Betty Seinfeld, born Betty Hosni, worked as a housewife. Accordingly, Betty’s parents, Selim Hosni and Salha Hosni were Jewish people from Aleppo, Syria. And well, Garez Dayan is the name of Jerry’s maternal great-grandmother, whereas Selim Hosni and Salha Hosni are his grandparents.
Jerry has a second cousin whose name is Evan Seinfeld. Now, Evan Seinfeld is a widely known American television and film actor, and musician. And although Jerry Seinfeld was born in Brooklyn, New York, he was raised in Massapequa, New York, along with his eldest and only sibling (sister), Carolyn Liebling.
Jerry Seinfeld developed an interest in the entertainment industry, primarily the comedy sub-sector, at a very young age. And talking about that, his father, Kálmán Seinfeld, being a humorous but rather a closeted comedian influenced his sense of humor and career choice, in some sort of way.
Well, Jerome Allen Seinfeld started his career as a stand-up comedian in 1976 at the age of 22 after graduating from university. He made his debut comic appearance at an open mic night in a New York City comedy club tagged “Catch a Rising Star.” Because of how great he was at humor and comedy, in general, Jerry would later appear on Rodney Dangerfield’s show, HBO special.
Accordingly, his appearance on HBO Special spiked nationwide exposure for him and his career, which led to him being recognized as one of the prominent American stand-up comedians by the end of 1980. The subject Jerry’s comics centers around range from American culture to American politics, and from everyday life, gender differences, and many more.
As a television and film actor, Jerry Seinfeld has appeared in several blockbuster films and television shows. And well, these are some of his movies and TV shows, including but not limited to these;
- Five 2014
- Thing About my Folks 2005
- Bee Movie 2007
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 2007
- The Jim Gaffigan Show 2016
- 30 Rock 2007
- Louie 2012
- The marriage ref 2011
- Inside Amy Schumer 2015
- Maya & Marty 2016
- Stand-Up Confidential (1987)
- Eddie (1996)
- Laughing Out Loud: America’s Funniest Comedians (2001)
As a writer and book author, Jerry is the author of the best-seller book, “Seinlanguage,” published in 1993. In the early 2000s, Jerome Allen Seinfeld published another book, which he titled “Halloween.”
Jerry Seinfeld Height, Weight, Ethnicity
Jerry Seinfeld is 1.8 meters or 180 centimeters tall. On the other hand, he weighs 79 kilograms. More so, Jerry has white skin color, with his ethnicity traceable to the ancient Jewish people. Originally, his parents are both from Aleppo, Syria, and well, he was born in Brooklyn, New York, but grew up in Massapequa, New York. He has American citizenship by birth.
Jerry Seinfeld Awards
As a successful stand-up comedian, and television and film actor, Jerome Allen Seinfeld has won several awards, including but not limited to these;
- 2019 — Emmy-Outstanding Informational Series or Special: Nominated
- 2008 — Producers Guild Awards-Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Pictures: Nominated
- 1997 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1996 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2016 — Emmy-Outstanding Variety Talk Series: Nominated
- 1998 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Jerry Seinfeld, Nominated
- 2014 — Emmy-Outstanding Short-Format Nonfiction Program: Nominated
- 1995 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Nominated
- 1998 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Nominated
- 1995 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1993 — Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1992 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1994 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1994 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2013 — Emmy-Outstanding Special Class – Short-Format Nonfiction Programs: Nominated
- 1995 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1994 — Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1998 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 1999 — Emmy-Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominated
- 1996 — Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actor for a Comedy Series: Jerry Seinfeld, Nominated
- 1993 — Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Winner
- 1997 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1992 — Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy
- 1996 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1994 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1996 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Nominated
- 1995 — Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominated
Jerry Seinfeld Net Worth
Altogether, Jerome Allen Seinfeld has an estimated net worth of about $1,000,000,000 (one billion dollars).
Jerry Seinfeld Education
Jerome Allen Seinfeld attended Massapequa High School on Long Island for his high school education, and well, he became a volunteer in Kibbutz Sa’ar in Israel after high school, when he was 16 years old. For his university education, Jerry Seinfeld attended the State University of New York at Oswego, but would later seek a transfer.
Then, he was transferred to Queens College, the City University of New York after his second year at the State University of New York. As it were, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication and Theatre in 1976 at the age of 22. Not forgetting, Jerry had his preliminary education at East Lake Elementary School.
Jerry Seinfeld Marriage, Wife, Children
Jerome Allen Seinfeld is married to Jessica Seinfeld. Now, Jessica Seinfeld was born Jessica Sklar and is currently married to Jerry Seinfeld with whom he got married in 1999. Scaling through in love for more than two decades now, Jerry and Jessica have three children. Sascha Seinfeld, Shepherd Kellen Seinfeld, and Julian Kal Seinfeld are the names of his children (two sons and one daughter).
Apart from his relationship with Jessica Seinfeld, Jerry was previously in a romantic relationship (that did not lead to marriage) with comedian Carol Leifer and high schooler Shoshanna Lonstein.
Fun Facts, Trivia
Jerome Allen Seinfeld’s religion is Judaism.
His zodiac sign is Pisces.
His ethnicity is Hungarian, Syrian. Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading!