If you are here, it’s an indication that you want to know about Linda Lavin net worth, your curiosity will be over after reading this. Linda Lavin is classified under the richest celebrity category. Her net worth is 10 million dollars.
Linda Lavin is a prominent American singer and actress. She became famous after her role in the Sitcom Alice character, and other on and off-Broadway stage performances which we will break down in due course.
Things You Should Know about Linda Lavin
Lavin is the daughter of Lucille Potter Lavin who was an opera singer, and David Joseph Lavin who was a businessman. She was born on the 15th of October 1937 in Portland, Maine. Both her paternal and maternal grandparents were Russian Immigrants to the U.S.
Coming from a musically inclined home, Lavin started a stage performance at age five. She attended New York City’s HB Studio where she studied Acting. She further schooled at Waynflete School and College of William & Mary.
She performed in several productions of the school, and she also took a role in ‘The Common Glory’ outdoor drama of Paul Green in 1958, in fact, she graduated from William & Mary College with her own Actor’s Equity Association Card.
She joined the Compass Players (the first improvisational theatre in America) in the late ’50s, making her first Broadway debut in ‘A Family Affair’ film in 1962. After this, she made an appearance in the musical revue ‘The Mad Show’. It was a cast recording produced in 1966.
Linda Lavin got married to Ron Leibman on the 7th of September 1969, but they got divorced in 1981 she remarried actor Kip Niven on the 22nd of August 1982, she later divorced in July 1992, and got married to music artist Steve Bakunas on the 14th of February 2005. None of Lavin’s marriage yielded any child, so she has no child yet
Together with Steve, she lived in Wilmington, Northern Carolina. It was here they launched the Red Barn Studio community theatre. She also founded the Linda Lavin Arts Foundation in 1997 in order to enhance visual art performance emphasizing greatly on arts in education.
Linda taught both singing and acting classes in Wilmington, she also directed a series of plays in Wilmington which included ‘As You Like It’ which was a Brazillian Jazz version of Shakespeare’s film.
Linda is also a realtor, she and Bakunas bought an apartment for $949,000 in Manhattan which they later sold for $1.25 million in 2016. They also purchased an apartment across the hall in 2012 for $975,000. Later in 2022, they bought a 2,272-square-foot home for 2,272 in Toluca Lake, California,
Awards won by Lavin
Best TV Actress in a Musical or Comedy Award in 1979
Best TV Actress in a Musical or Comedy Award in 1980
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play Award in 1987
Outstanding Actress in a Play Award in 1987
Outstanding Actress Award from 1994 to 1995
Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play Award in 2008
Performance The Lyons Award in 2012
Lavin’s Movie Appearances
- Damn Yankees! As Gloria Thorpe in 1967
- The Morning After as Toni in 1974
- Like Mom, Like Me as Althea Gruen in 1978
- The $5.20 an Hour Dream as Ellen Lissick 1980
- A Matter of Life and Death as Nurse Joy Ufema in 1981
- Another Woman’s Child as Terry DeBray in 1983
- The Muppets Tae Manhattan as Kermit’s Doctor in 1984
- See You in the Morning as Aunt Sidney in 1989
- I Want to Go Home as Lena Apthrop in 1989
- A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes as Virginia Funicello in 1995
- Stolen Memories: Secrets from The Rose Garden as Earline in 1996
- The Ring as Ruth Liebman in 1996
- For The Future: The Irvine Fertility Scandal as Marilyn Killane in 1996
- Best Friends For Life as Sarah Cooper in 1998
- Collected Stories as Ruth Steiner in 2002
- The Back-up Plan as Nana in 2010
- Wanderlust as Shari in 2012
- A Short History of Decay as Sandy Fisher in 2013
- Manhattan Night as Norma Segal in 2016
- Bakery in Brooklyn as Isabella in 2016
- How to be a Latin Lover as Millicent Dupont in 2017
- Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase as Flora in 2019
- Naked Singularity as in Judge Cymbeline in 2021
- Being the Ricardos as Older Madelyn Pugh IN 2021
Lavin made a total of thirty three appearances in TV series and twenty eight appearances on stage performances. Although she is 85 years old, she is still actively taking acting roles.