Jackie Chan Net Worth: Known as Jackie Chan in English and Cheng Long in Chinese, Jackie Chan is a widely known Hong Kong television and film actor, martial artist, filmmaker, and film producer. He is famously known for his innovative stunts, slapstick acrobatic fighting style, and comic timing style of exploring characters and roles in movies.
Jackie is recognized as one of the most popular and influential film actors in the world, and well, people all over the Eastern and Western hemispheres are fans of his movies. In this piece, I will share details about Cheng Long or Jackie Chan’s biography, early life, family, career, net worth 2022, age, wife, girlfriend, movies, awards, children, height, ethnicity, religion, and a handful of other trivia things you may have been wanting to know about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Jackie Chan Biography, Age, Career
Jackie Chan was born Fang Shilong SBS MBE PMW, also known as Chan Kong-sang. He is professionally known as Cheng Long in Chinese and Jackie Chan in English and was born on the 7th of April 1954, in Victoria Peak, Hong Kong—British Hong Kong.
Chan was raised alongside his two brothers, Fang Shisheng, and Fang Shide, and two sisters, Guilan Chan, and Yulan Chan. His Chinese parents, Charles Chan and Lee-Lee Chan were refugees from the notorious Chinese Civil War. At his birth, information on the internet purports that his parents were so badly financially incapable that they had to borrow money from friends to pay the doctor—at Jackie’s birth.
Growing up, Jackie Chan’s father, Charles Chan, and mother, Lee-Lee Chan, worked for the French Ambassador in Hong Kong. And due to how energetic and strong Cheng Long was, his parents nicknamed him Pao-Pao, written in Chinese as 炮炮; lit. ‘Cannonball’. Notably, Jackie spent his early childhood years within the environs of the consul’s residence in the Victoria Peak district.
Jackie Chan Education
Jackie Chan or Cheng Long had his primary school education at the Nah-Hwa Primary School on Hong Kong Island. However, he failed his first year, so his parents would withdraw him from school. When he was about six years old—in 1960—his parents emigrated to Canberra, Australia, where worked as head cook for the American embassy.
Later, Jackie Chan was enrolled in China Drama School, where he was trained for about a decade, and during his training years, he was enlisted to play a movie role by the Academy. Now, China Drama Academy is a Peking Opera School run by popularly known Master Yu Jim-yuen.
Before he was selected as one of the kids to appear in the movies, Jackie Chan was one of the best students in the Academy, so was allowed to be a part of the Seven Little Fortunes, gaining the stage name Yuen Lo—written in Chinese as 元樓. As time went by, Cheng Long became close friends with his fellow group mates, Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung.
Later, the duo, Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, and Yuen Biao, became known as Three Dragons or Three Brothers. Months after joining the film industry, Jackie together with one of his friends, Sammo Hung, was opportuned to train in hapkido under the grand master Jin Pal Kim. It was at that point that Jackie would later attain a black belt.
After training at China Drama Academy for about a decade, Jackie Chan joined his parents in Canberra, Australia, in 1971 at the age of 17. Then, he attended Dickson College for a while and would start working in the construction industry as a construction worker. During his years at the construction company, a fellow builder, Jack, took Cheng under his wing.
All things being equal, Cheng Long was then nicknamed “Little Jack,” and well, he would later shorten the nickname to “Jackie.” Thus coming up with the professional name Jackie Chan. Later in the 1990s, Jackie changed his Chinese name to Fang Shilong, written as 房仕龍；Cantonese: Fong Si-lung.
Jackie Chan Movies, Filmography
Starting his career in the Chinese movie industry at the young age of six, Jackie Chan has featured in over one hundred and fifty movies. As it were, most of the movies he has been featured in have hit the top of the chart, and well, are categorized as blockbusters. In no particular order of arrangement, this is a list of Jackie’s movies and filmography, including but not limited to;
- Understanding Time and Space
- Twin Dragons
- Rumble in the Bronx
- The Shootout
- Drunken Master II
- Mr. Nice Guy
- Once a Cop
- Police Story 4: First Strike
- Center Stage
- City Hunter
- Angry Ranger
- Kin chan no Cinema Jack
- Thunderbolt (Jackie Chan)
- Police Story 3: Super Cop
- Crime Story
- Beauty and the Beast
- Stage Door Johnny
- Armour of God II: Operation Condor
- Island of Fire
- Story of Kennedy Town
- A Kid from Tibet
- I Am Sorry
- The Outlaw Brothers
- The Inspector Wears Skirts II
- The Inspector Wears Skirts
- Painted Faces (Jackie Chan)
- Police Story 2
- Dragons Forever
- That Enchanting Night
- Project A Part II
- Golden Job
- The Diary
- Viy 2: Journey to China
- Ride On
- Home Operation
- Bleeding Steel
- The Climbers
- Wish Dragon (Jackie Chan)
- Good Night Beijing
- The Foreigner
- All U Need Is Love
- The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back
- The Master: A Lego Ninjago Short
- Personal Tailor
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
- Police Story 2013
- Kung Fu Panda 3
- The Lego Ninjago Movie
- As the Light Goes Out
- Railroad Tigers
- Dragon Blade
- Kung Fu Yoga
- Who Am I 2015
- The Karate Kid
- The Legend of Silk Boy
- 1911 (Jackie Chan)
- Legendary Amazons
- Shinjuku Incident
- The Spy Next Door
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Little Big Soldier
- The Founding of a Republic
- Run Papa Run
- The Forbidden Kingdom
- Looking for Jackie
- New Police Story
- Everlasting Regret
- Enter the Phoenix
- Kung Fu Panda
- Around the World in 80 Days
- Rice Rhapsody
- The Myth
- The Twins Effect II
- Rush Hour 3 (Jackie Chan)
- The Medallion
- Shanghai Noon
- Rush Hour 2
- Shanghai Knights
- Shanghai Noon
- Vampire Effect
- The Accidental Spy
- King of Comedy
- Gen-Y Cops
- The Tuxedo
- Tempting Heart
- Gen-X Cops
Jackie Chan Awards, Nominations
As an A-list television and film actor in the Chinese entertainment industry, and has been a great Contributor to the growth of the industry, Jackie Chan has won several awards. Similarly, he has been Nominated for several awards, and well, these are his selected awards and nominations, including but not limited to these:
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Duo – Action/Adventure — 1999, Rush Hour
- Cinequest Film Festival Maverick Spirit Awards — 1998
- MTV Movie & TV Award for Best Duo — 1999, Rush Hour
- Hong Kong Film Award for Professional Achievement — 2005
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Action Movie Actor — 2011, The Karate Kid, The Spy Next Door
- Golden Horse Award for Best Action Choreography — 2013, Chinese Zodiac
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Buttkicker — 2011, The Karate Kid
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Male Buttkicker — 2003, 2002, The Tuxedo, Rush Hour 2
- MTV Lifetime Achievement Award — 1995
- Golden Rooster Award for Best Actor — 2005, New Police Story
- Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer In An Animated Program — 2002, Jackie Chan Adventures
- MTV Movie & TV Award for Best Fight — 2002, Rush Hour 2
- IIFA Special Award for Global Impact — 2000
- Academy Honorary Award — 2016
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Film — 1989, Rouge
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Action Choreography
- 2013, 1999, 1996 · Chinese Zodiac, Who Am I?, Rumble in the Bronx
Jackie Chan Wife, Kids
Jackie Chan or Cheng Long is married to Joan Lin (m. 1982)—Joan Lin is a Taiwanese television and film actress. Also, Jackie is said to have been romantically involved with Elaine Ng Yi-Lei and has two children from his two relationships—one son and one daughter. Jaycee Chan, born in 1982, is the name of their son whereas Etta Ng, born Etta Ng Chok Lam in 1999, is the name of his daughter.
Jackie Chan Net Worth
Altogether, Jackie Chan or Cheng Long has an estimated net worth of about $350,000,000 (three hundred and fifty million dollars).
Jackie Chan Height, Weight
Jackie Chan stands 1.7 meters or 174 centimeters above the ground. He weighed 65 kilograms or 143 pounds and has body measurements of 40-32-14 inches. He has a brown-colored pair of eyes, a waist size of 32 inches, a shoe size of 10 (US), and brown hair.
Trivia, Fun Facts
- Jackie Chan or Cheng Long is a descendant of Fang Xuanling, a chancellor of the Tang dynasty.
- Jackie Chan’s religion is Chinese Buddhism.
- Jackie graduated from the famed Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Cheng Long started acting at the young age of six.
- He is a university professor.
- Chan is 68 years old, as of November 2022.
- Jackie has a production company named JCE Movies Limited.
Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading!