Tiger Woods is a widely known American professional golfer. He ranks second in men’s major championships and is considered the current No.1 golfer globally. Recognized as one of the most successful and prominent golfers of all time, Tiger Woods’ name is a widely known figure in the golf, and athletes’ modern game by extension.
In this piece, I will share details about Tiger Woods’ biography, early life, career, relationship status, age, net worth, wife, parents, siblings, education, and a handful of trivia things you may have been wanting to know about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Tiger Woods Biography, Career
Tiger Woods was born Eldrick Tont Woods, otherwise written as Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods, on the 30th of December 1975, in Cypress, California, United States of America. He was raised by African-American partners, Earl Woods and his wife, Kultida Woods.
Tiger Woods grew up in Cypress, California, United States of America. His childhood years and experiences were mixtures of the memories of kids in the neighborhood of Cypress and his parents’ tender care. Discovered his talents at a very minor age, Tiger’s father started nurturing him from those young years.
During the time he was raised, his father worked in the United States Army as an Army Officer, whereas his mother worked as a housewife and part-time job worker. The information on the internet reveals that Woods’ father was the person who nicknamed him. “Tiger.” Honored with the nickname, in honor of a fellow soldier and friend who had the same moniker, Tiger’s father was supportive of him during his early childhood and professional life.
Side by side, Tiger Woods’ father supervised him while he learned to play golf, serving as his mentor and teacher. Because of how intense his father was at training him and how committed Tiger was to the sport, he had already become a good golfer by the age of eight. During those years, Tiger would show off his skills, appearing on television shows including the popular, “Good Morning America” TV show.
Over the years of being a golfer, Tiger Woods has proven himself to be one of the most popular and prominent golfers in the whole world. It is, as it were, a clear fact that Tiger Woods has achieved so much in his career pursuit, so we would rather take a look at his awards, achievements, and nominations.
Tiger Woods Awards, Nominations
A several award-winner and nominees of different types of games, these are some of Tiger Woods’ awards and nominations, arranged in no particular order of relevance, thus;
- 1993 – Southern California Player Of The Year
- 1990 – Southern California Player Of The Year
- 1992 – Golf World Player Of The Year
- 1992 – American Junior Golf Association Player Of The Year
- 1996 – Sports Illustrated
- 1994 – Golf World Man Of The Year
- 1995 – Pac-10 Player Of The Year
- 1991 – American Junior Golf Association Player Of The Year
- 1996 – PGA Tour Rookie Of The Year
- 1994 – L.A. Times Player Of The Year
- 1993 – Golf World Player Of The Year
- 1992 – GolfWeek National Amateur Of The Year
- 1991 – Southern California Player Of The Year
- 1994 – Orange County Player Of The Year
- 1992 – Southern California Player Of The Year
- 1992 – Golf Digest Amateur Player Of The Year
- 1991 – GolfWeek National Amateur Of The Year
- 1995 – Stanford University’s Male Freshman Of The Year
- 1991 – Golf Digest Amateur Player Of The Year
Tiger Woods Education
Tiger obtained his university degree from the famed Stanford University. Otherwise, details about his primary school education and secondary school education are not clearly stated.
Tiger Woods Ethnicity Height, Weight
Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods is standing 185 centimeters or 1.8 meters above the ground, approximated to be six foot one inch. Side by side, Tiger is originally from Cypress, California, United States of America, and so holds American citizenship.
Tiger’s ancestors are traced back to Dutch Americans, Thai Americans, and Chinese Australians. Notably, he has African-American ethnicity, which is more or less mixed with the above-listed races and identities. His hair color is black and his eyes color is dark brown.
Tiger Woods Wife, Kids
Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods was married to Elin Nordegren. They got married in 2004, however, their marriage ended in 2010—the reasons why their marriage of barely a decade crumbled are unknown. That notwithstanding, Tiger Woods has two children, whose names are Charlie Axel Woods, and Sam Alexis Woods.
Tiger Woods Net Worth
Altogether, Tiger Woods has amassed more than $1,001,000,000 (one point one billion dollars), according to Forbes’ 2022 estimate. He amassed this whooping worth from his career, which is always hitting the bag almost every other year.
Fun Facts, Trivia
- Tiger Woods has a niece whose name is Cheyenne Woods.
- Woods is considered one of the most popular and high-paying golfers across the globe.
- He is a Stanford University graduate and was one of the best golfers during his years at Stanford.
- Tiger is 46 years old.
- Tiger is an inductee of the World Golf Hall of Fame
Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading.