Matt Damon is a widely known American television and film actor, screenwriter, filmmaker, and producer. A several award-winning actor, Matt ranked among Forbes’ most bankable stars, and is recognized as one of the highest-grossing Hollywood actors of all time.
In this piece, I will share details about Matt Damon’s biography, early life, early career, age, personal life, parents, wife, girlfriends, kids, net worth, ethnicity, and a handful of other trivia things you may have been wanting to know about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Matt Damon Biography, Career
Matt Damon was born Matthew Paige Damon on the 8th of October 1970, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States of America, and was raised by American-based partners, Kent Telfer Damon and his wife, Nancy Carlsson-Paige. Matt’s father was an American stockbroker, born in 1942 and died in 2017 at the age of 75.
On the other hand, Matt’s mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, is an early childhood education professor at the famed US institution of higher learning, Lesley University. Nancy Carlsson-Paige was born in 1946 and is 76 years old now.
Although Matt Damon is categorized under the White American ethnic background, his father’s ancestors were traced back to English and Scottish. Whereupon his mother’s own is traceable to Finnish and Swedish descendants. A few months after his birth, Matt’s parents relocated to Newton, where they lived for about two years.
However, his parents would later divorce in 1972, while he was barely two years old, so his mother moved back to Cambridge, with Matt and his brother. During their stay at Cambridge, they lived in a six-family communal house. Matt Damon had a hard time discovering himself and his identity because of his mother’s approach to child-rearing, which he described as “by the book.”
With the company of his only brother, Kyle Damon, Matt Damon’s childhood years were adventurous. Nonetheless, he had a bad experience growing up as a young teenager; battled with the feeling of loneliness and “not belonging” to the cool kids. Notably, Matt’s brother, Kyle Damon, is an artist and sculptor.
Currently 52 years old, Matthew Paige Damon started a career in the American entertainment industry in 1987 at the age of seventeen, while he was still in high school. With the hit movie, Mystic Pizza (1988) being his debut film in the film industry, Matthew Paige Damon is an established A-list Hollywood actor; a movie star who is now known as Matt Damon.
As it were, he is the owner and founder of the production companies LivePlanet, and Pearl Street Films. Having “Oppenheimer” as the name of his upcoming movie, Matt has appeared in over one hundred other movies. He was once ranked as the most bankable star by Forbes Magazine and has since started working in the movie industry the movie he has worked in amassed over $3.88 billion at the North American box office.
That said, Matt is also recognized as one of the most popular, influential, and high-earning actors of all time. While it is clear that most movies he has starred in are making it to blockbusters, Matt is especially known for playing the leading role in The Martian (2015). The Martin is an instant blockbuster movie that would later win Matt a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
Having been acting since he was about seventeen years old, Matt Damon became the producer of the reality TV series, Project Greenlight (which aired between 2001 and 2015). As screenwriters, Matt and Ben Affleck (and producer) wrote and featured in the 1997 hit movie, Good Will Hunting. Well, “Good Will Hunting” won the two movie stars the “Academy and Golden Globe awards for Best Scriptwriting.”
Matt Damon Education
Matt Damon attended both Cambridge Alternative School, and Cambridge Rindge and Latin School for his primary and secondary school education, respectively. After obtaining his secondary school graduate degree, Matt proceeded to Harvard University, but didn’t complete his four-year program nor received a qualification.
He lived at Lowell House while his stay lasted at Harvard University. And yes, he was a member of the class of 1992. As an A-student, Matt Damon did quite well while at Harvard. He wrote an early treatment of the screenplay, “Good Will Hunting” as an exercise for an English class; a screenplay he would later receive an Academy Award.
Oh, and Matt was honored with a Harvard Arts Medal award in 2013. While he studied at Harvard University, Matt was one of the members of Harvard’s select Final Clubs, “The Delphic Club.”
Matt Damon Awards, Nominations
These are some of Matt Damon’s selected awards and nominations, otherwise, the list of his awards and nominations is unending. Arranged in no particular order, these are his accolades;
- 2010 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Nominated
- 1998 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2010 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2004— Emmy-Outstanding Reality Program: Nominated
- 1997 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2010 — Critics’ Choice Movie Awards-Best Supporting Actor: Nominated
- 2006 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2005 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Acting Ensemble: Nominated
- 1997 — Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Nominated
- 2000 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Nominated
- 2006 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Acting Ensemble: Nominated
- 1998 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Original Screenplay: Winner
- 2016 — Oscar-Best Motion Picture of the Year: Nominated
- 1998 — Writers Guild Awards-Original Screenplay: Nominated
- 2007 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Acting Ensemble: Nominated
- 1998 — Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Nominated
- 2005 — Emmy-Outstanding Reality Program: Nominated
- 1997 — Oscar-Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Winner
- 2017 — BAFTA Film Awards-Best Film: Nominated
- 2017 — Producers Guild Awards-Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures: Nominated
- 1997 — Oscar-Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominated
- 2002 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Acting Ensemble: Nominated
- 1998 — Critics’ Choice Awards-Breakthrough Performer: Winner
- 2002 — Emmy-Outstanding Non-Fiction Program (Reality): Nominated
- 2017 — Independent Spirit Awards-Best Feature: Nominated
- 1998 — Golden Globe-Best Screenplay – Motion Picture: Winner
Matt Damon Wife, Daughters, Kids
Matt Damon is married to Luciana Barroso (Luciana Bozan Barroso), with whom he has been married since 2005. Matt has three daughters, who are named Stella Damon, Isabella Damon, Gia Zavala Damon, and one stepdaughter, Alexia Barroso (stepdaughter).
Matt Damon Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
Matthew Paige Damon is standing 1.8 meters or 180 centimeters straight, approximated to be five foot eight inches. Otherwise, he is weighing 84 kilograms or 185 Lbs, with a shoe size of 11 (US). Matthew has dark brown hair color, blue eyes, and a waist size of about 32 inches.
More so, Matt Damon is originally from Cambridge, Massachusetts, and has American citizenship. His family adheres to the Roman Catholic Christian religion.
Matt Damon Net Worth
Altogether, Matt Damon has amassed approximately $170,000,000 (one hundred and seventy million dollars) from his career in the entertainment industry.
Fun Facts, Trivia
- Matthew Paige Damon does not have any son, however, he has four beautiful daughters.
- Matthew is the CEO and owner of the production companies, LivePlanet, and Pearl Street Films.
- Matt Damon’s birth or sun sign is Libra.
- Matt Damon is a Harvard University dropout.
- After his parents divorced, his father Kent Damon, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, remarried. Now, he has one biological sibling, Kyle Damon, and one step-sibling, Sarah Bradford.
- Celeste Bradford is the name of Damon’s stepmother.
- Damon was previously in romantic relationships with Minnie Driver, and Winona Ryder.
Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading.