Machine Gun Kelly Net Worth: Machine Gun Kelly is a widely known American rapper, television and film actor, singer, and songwriter. He is famously known for having multiple music genres across rock with hip-hop, and well, he released about four mixtapes between 2007 and 2010 before he was signed with the music production company, “Bad Boy Records.”
Machine Gun is associated with about three music production companies, including Bad Boy Records, Interscope Records, and EST19XX. In this piece, I will share details about Machine Gun Kelly’s biography, early life, parents, real name, ethnicity, trivia, age, kids, daughter, wife, and a handful of other trivia things you may not have known about him. Without further talks, let’s get into the tea.
Machine Gun Kelly Biography, Age, Career
Machine Gun Kelly was born Colson Baker on the 22nd of April 1990, in Houston, Texas, in the United States of America, and was raised in a Christian family by his missionary parents. Because of the nature of his parents’ missionary work, Machine’s parents moved all around the world.
Speaking about that, Machine Gun Kelly lived in Egypt for the first four years of his existence, and well, his family later relocated to Germany and then to the United States. At the young age of nine, Gun’s mother left him—for her missionary work—in the care of his father, who took care of Gun but would later relocate to Denver to live with Gun’s aunt.
Altogether, Machine Gun Kelly has lived throughout the US, including in Denver, Cleveland, and Chicago. Sadly, however, Gun’s father was said to have suffered from unemployment and subsequently, depression, during the time he was raised. Because of his father’s inability to secure a job, Gun Kelly says he was often bullied by children in his neighborhood, and barely had two school outfits.
Currently 32 years old, Machine Gun Kelly started listening to rap music in the sixth grade. Speaking in one of his interviews, Gun says that Eminem, DMX, and Ludacris were the first three rappers that got him into the genre of hip-hop as a kid. According to him, he developed more interest in hip-hop after listening to DMX’s song “We Right Here” from his studio album “The Great Depression,” released in 2001.
Also known as MGK, Machine Gun Kelly got his stage name because of his straightforward and rapid delivery in his rap songs. And well, apart from being a rapper and singer-songwriter, Machine Gun is also a film actor. As a film actor, Colson Baker debuted in the movies in 2014 at the age of 24. With “Beyond The Light” becoming his debut movie, MGK played the role of the character, Wesley (also known as Wes), in the 2016 Showtime-drama series, “Roadies.”
Side by side, he appears in the Netflix 2018 film, Bird “Box and 2019,” where he played the role of the character, Felix. He became one of the cast members of “Punks Dead: SLC Punk 2,” playing the lead role of Viral, and also, played the lead role of Nerve in the film “2016.”
As an A-list American rapper and singer-songwriter, Machine Gun Kelly started singing when he was still in high school—in the sixth grade. Then, he released his first mixtape titled “Stamp Of Approval” in 2006. Because of how widely listened to the mixtape turned out, MGK started gaining the attention of people in his locality. Later, he was allowed to start performing at local Cleveland events. And well, he released four three other mixtapes before he was discovered and signed to Bad Boy and Interscope Records in 2011 at the age of 21.
Releasing his label debut studio album, “Lace Up” in October 2012, Colson Baker has since then released several other albums. Needless to say that he has been nominated on several occasions and has won multiple awards ever since.
Machine Gun Kelly Education
Machine Gun Kelly had his high school education between Cleveland and Denver, Colorado. He started his high school at a school, with a diverse student body in Denver, Hamilton Middle School. After his family relocated, he moved to Cleveland, where he enrolled at Shaker Heights High School, where he obtained his high school diploma.
Machine Gun Kelly Girlfriend, Wife, Son
Machine Gun Kelly is not married. However, he is said to have been romantically involved with Amber Rose (ex.), Sommer Ray (ex.), Emma Cannon (ex.), Halsey (ex.), Chantel Jeffries (ex.), and Kate Beckinsale (ex.).
As it were, he is currently dating Megan Fox (curr.). What’s more, he has a daughter with Emma Cannon, however, he is no longer romantically involved with her—Casie Colson Baker is the name of his son.
Machine Gun Kelly Studio Albums, Discography, Songs
Since his musical career took a professional turn, Colson Baker has released about six studio albums, including:
- Bloom (2017)
- Lace-Up (2012)
- General Admission (2015)
- Tickets to My Downfall (2020)
- Hotel Diablo (2019)
- Born with Horns (2021)
On the other hand, he has released over 50 songs since his debut in 2012. Arranged in no order of release, these are his selected songs, including but not limited to;
- In These Walls (My House) (with Pvris)
- Why Are You Here
- Young Man (featuring Chief Keef)
- Till I Die
- Day Walker (featuring Corpse Husband)
- Bullets with Names (featuring Young Thug, RJmrLA, and Lil Duke)
- Smoke and Drive
- Concert for Aliens
- Hollywood Whore
- The Break Up
- Love on the Brain
- My Ex’s Best Friend (featuring Blackbear)
- Misery Business (with Travis Barker)
- I Think I’m Okay(with Yungblud and Travis Barker)
- Bad Things (with Camila Cabello)
- Gone, Machine Gun Kelly featuring Leroy Sanchez
- A Little More (featuring Victoria Monet)
- Alice in Wonderland
- Bloody Valentine
- Sorry Mama”(with Phem)
- El Diablo
- Wild Boy (Remix) (featuring Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French Montana, Mystikal, Steve-O, and Yo Gotti)
- Trap Paris (featuring Quavo and Ty Dolla Sign)
- Wild Boy (featuring Waka Flocka Flame)
- Hold On (Shut Up) (featuring Young Jeezy)
- Home (with X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexha)
- Invincible (featuring Ester Dean)
- Go for Broke (featuring James Arthur)
- At My Best (featuring Hailee Steinfeld)
Machine Gun Kelly Awards
As an OG in the American entertainment industry, specifically the music and movie industries, Colson Baker has won multiple awards. Among others, these are some of his awards:
- 2017 — “Bad Things” (shared with Camila Cabello) Best Collaboration (Won)
- “Cleveland” (shared w/ Dubo) Video of the Year (Won)
- 2012 — Machine Gun Kelly Breaking Woodie (Won)
- 2018— “Say You Won’t Let Go” (with Camila Cabello) Best Cover Song (Nominated)
- “Mind of a Stoner” (shared with Wiz Khalifa) Best National Collaboration (Won)
- “Alice in Wonderland” Best Music Video (Won)
- 2009 Machine Gun Kelly Best Live Performer (Won)
- MTV Europe Music Awards
- “Rage Pack” Best National Mixtape/Album (2nd Place)
- MTV Woodie Awards
- Radio Disney Music Awards
- “Breaking News” Best National Music Video (2nd Place)
- 2011 — Machine Gun Kelly Best Mixtape Artist (Won)
- 2012 — US Artist About To Go Global (Won)
- iHeartRadio Music Awards
- “Police” (shared with Pooh Gutta) Best Collaboration (Won)
- 2012 — Machine Gun Kelly Best National Artist (Won)
- “Lace Up” Best Mixtape (Won)
- 2020 — Best Alternative (Nominated)
- 2014 — Machine Gun Kelly National Noise Maker (Won)
- “Mind of a Stoner” (shared with Wiz Khalifa) Best National Music Video (Won)
- 2021 — Top Rock Artist (won)
- 2013 — Woodie of the Year (Won)
- MTV Video Music Awards
- 2009 — Machine Gun Kelly Best Live Performer (Won)
- 2017 — “Bad Things” (shared w/ Camila Cabello) Top Rap Collaboration (Nominated)
- Ohio Hip Hop Awards
- Machine Gun Kelly Best Male Artist (Won)
- 2020 — “Bloody Valentine” Best Alternative (Won)
Machine Gun Kelly Net Worth
Machine Gun Kelly has an accumulated net worth of about $12,000,000 (twelve million dollars.
Machine Gun Kelly Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
Colson Baker stands six feet four inches above the ground, approximated to be either 1.9 meters, 190 centimeters, or 1900 millimeters. Side by side, he weighed 70 kilograms or 154 LBS, and well, he has a tattoo-occupied body, with light brown hair.
Machine Gun Kelly Movies, Filmography, TV Shows
Machine Gun Kelly, otherwise known as MGK has featured in over fifty movies and TV shows since he started a career in the American film industry. These are his selected filmography and TV shows, including but not limited to;
- Viral as CJ
- 2018 Bird Box as Felix
- TBA One Way as Freddy
- 2016 Roadies as Wesley “Wes” Mason(10 episodes)
- The Land as Slick
- 2015 Ridiculousness as himself
- Captive State as Jurgis
- 2014 Beyond the Lights as Kid Culprit (Credited as Colson ‘MGK’ Baker)
- 2021 The Last Son of Isaac as Lemay
- The Dirt Tommy as Lee
- 2013 Guy Court as Himself (Episode: “Sweepstakes”)
- 2021 Midnight in the Switchgrass
- 2015 Catfish as Himself (Episode: “Hundra & Emily”)
- 2022 Jackass Forever as Himself
- Nerve as Ty
- 2016 Punk’s Dead as Crash
- 2019 Big Time Adolescence as Nick
- 2020 The King of Staten Island as Tattoo Shop Owner
- 2014 Unsung as Himself (Episode: “Bone Thugs-n-Harmony”)
- 2012–15 WWE Raw as Himself (2 episodes)
Fun Facts, Trivia
- Machine Gun Kelly was once addicted to drugs.
- Following strict compliance and a brief relapse in 2012, however, Colson Baker got over the addiction.
- During his drug addiction, Machine Gun Kelly contemplated suicide after the habit took over the better part of his being.
- Gun is currently 32 years old.
- Machine Gun Kelly has white skin, belonging to the white-American ethnic classification.
- He holds American citizenship by birth.
Check out our website, Gospel Music Base, to access our recently published articles. Happy reading!